Read instructions carefully and set down to work!!
Prepare a presentation in google presentaciones and share it with me: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Tudor Monarchs
- Who was the first Tudor King? How did he gain the throne? (1 slide)
- Who participated in the war of the Roses? How long was it? Was it international or civil? (2 slides)
tudor monarchs (this site will help you understand all tudor Queens and Kings)
war of the roses
war of the roses
tudors and the war
2. Henry VIII
- Describe Henry VIII (1 slide)
- Why did Henry break relations with Rome? Explain in your own words how powerful the church was at that time? (2 slides)
- Why did he have 6 wives? Who were they and what happened to them? Find pictures of them. Who is your favourite? Why? (2 slides)
Henry VIII facts
3. Queen Mary
- Whay was she called “Bloody Mary”? How long did she reign? (1 slide)
Mary I biography
4. Elizabeth I
- Who was Elizabeth I? What religion did she follow? (1 slide)
- Golden Age of English History: Why is this time in history called the golden age? How is the mind of people starting to change? Find a source to account for this question. (1 slide)
- Francis Drake and Walter Raleigh. Who were them? (1 slide)
- Can you mention another explorer? (1 slide)
5. The Spanish Armada
Read the poem and find relations to the topic of the Spanish Armada. Give reasons quoting from the poem. (1 slide)
The Spanish Armada.
Sailors, men of England, this day is for our Queen
we fight the French and Spanish foe, to save our land of green.
A great Armada, sails the waves, to kill us they will try
but we will stand unconquered, beneath Britannia’s sky.
Some will live and some will die, this is your sacred vow
be brave, stand tall and fearless, the time to fight is now.
Aboard the ship Revenge, your duty lies today
against the King of Spain, we free men have our say.
Elizabeth our regal Queen, has summoned us to fight
and we shall be victorious, before the fall of night.
For families and loved ones, we fight to save our land
of England we will tell them, united we now stand.
So come brave men, the hour awaits, the enemy now seen
We fight for god and country, for England and our Queen.
5. Glossary: Make a list of words you have learnt and write the meaning.
Please, don’t do copy and paste! Use your own words. If you want to use new words, look them up in the dictionary and write them in the glossary.Those who do not hand in will have to do it and send it to me in February but also they will have an oral exam.
For the final mark, the following points will be taken into account:
-Clear answers and explanations
-Sources: pictures or testimonies (say where you took them from: write the webpage or the title of the book)
-Correct use of language